The first thing to know about foam rolling is that there are a lot of nonsensical and made up claims for it with a lot of pseudoscience. The warning is be careful what you read about the use of foam rolling by the gurus and pseudo experts. The claims that get made for the use of foam rolling are not backed up by the scientific research on it. Having said that, it is useful. Athletes use it as part of a warm-up and recovery routines. It can help for some specific conditions such as self-massage for plantar fasciitis.
It does not loosen fascia, that is impossible. Its does not release toxins – that is a claim often made by the scientifically illiterate…. and so on. Do not believe the hype.
Given the muscle pain and trigger points in fibromyalgia, can it actually help beyond the hype and personal anecdotes that surrounds its use? While the research does show some benefits in athletes and muscle aches, there is an extraordinary lack of research on its use in fibromyalgia. There is this study (in Italian) that showed that in people with fibromyalgia that the group that used the foam roller did better than the control group on measures of depression, pain, anxiety and sleep quality. So that is a good finding and does support the use of foam rolling in fibromyalgia.
By all means, please try the foam roller. It does appear that it can help. Just do not fall for the hype, marketing and pseudoscience that gets claimed for it.
All you need to do is buy a foam roller (online or at the local sports shop) and find a program (online, in books, or get a personal trainer).
- High-density foam roller in Black
- Ideal for balance, strengthening, flexibility, and rehab exercises
- Firm, durable polypropylene maintains shape; molded edges for added comfort
- Lightweight and easy to carry to class and to reposition during workouts
- Wipes clean easily
- The Every-Issue Roller – PowX has your back. Your high-density foam roller for physical therapy and exercise is made to help runners, lifters, yogis, those recovering from injury, and more.
- Made to Move – Your roller is portable and goes beyond massage. Boost your flexibility, mobility, and circulation at home or the gym with this trigger point foam roller for back exercises, hips, and more.
- Dig Deeper – Achieve a superior muscle release thanks to the teardrop ridges on your back foam roller and trigger point massager. This strategic pattern can target knots and tension from any angle.
- Gift Some Relief – Your family and friends deserve a break from stress. Treat them to a workout and yoga foam roller for legs, arms, and back that can melt tension thanks to the ergonomic design.
- Intentional Design – Providing durable, premium-quality essentials for your fitness journey is our top priority. Push yourself to the max with these medium foam rollers for men and women by PowX.
- GREATER BENEFITS: Our foam roller for back with various sizes and colors enhances muscle recovery, massage, physical therapy, exercise, deep tissue work and improves flexibility, bodybuilding, running, weight training, and yoga. Use it during physical therapy sessions to rehabilitate and strengthen your body.
- THICKER FOR BETTER RESULT: High density EPP adds extra firmness to our body roller, making it suitable for professional trainers
- MULTIPLE SIZES: Our yoga roller is available in four sizes 36x6 inches for full back, 24x6 inches for more versatile and easier control, 18x6 inches for smaller muscle groups, and 12x6 inches for one specific area and saving space
- COMPACT DIMENSION: Measuring 12x6 inches, our EPP exercise roller is lightweight and easy to carry anywhere
- PRACTICAL AND VERSATILE: Our durable foam roller for legs is designed to hold up to 300 pounds and withstand even the toughest sessions with ease, taking your workout to the next level
- 12. 75 inches x 5. 25 inch diameter , lightweight yet rugged solid core massage roller with EVA tread and triple grid 3D massage zones mimics the finger , palm , and thumb of a therapist's hands .
- Medium density muscle roller is comfortable to use - making it easy for beginners , but still effective at penetrating the soft tissue layer of tired muscles . Soft enough to use while in pain from lower back injury , sciatica or plantar fasciitis .
- One of the best recovery tools to treat muscle pain , increase performance and flexibility. Rolling before and after exercise sis part of a great stretching routine . Increases blood flow to massage site , flushing away stored lactic acid .
- Stretch overworked and strained muscles of the leg , arms , and feet by rolling during your warm up and cool downs . Provides instant benefit to the hamstring , IT band , glutes , and calves by delivering superior massages at home or in the gym .
- Loved by runners , exercise athletes , yoga and pilates students , swimmers , physical or sports therapy patients , and aid those just doing a normal fitness workout . Great for the arch of the foot , and any part of the superior body but the spine or neck .
- VERSATILE MASSAGE TOOL: Ideal for pre and post-workout by massaging and releasing tension from muscles including back, legs, neck, calves, IT band, hamstrings, lats, and glutes for overall better mobility
- FIRM MASSAGE – High-density foam structure provides a deeper massage than standard foam rollers, and is extra firm to support all body types without losing shape after regular use. Effective for all fitness levels from beginners to advanced. Maximum weight capacity is 300 lb
- BODY AWARENESS – This versatile fitness tool offers instability for Pilates core exercises, spine stabilization, balancing exercises and body-awareness
- LOW-MAINTENANCE - Made from high-density expanded polypropylene (EPP) that is easily recycled and is water-resistant for hygiene and easy maintenance.
- VARIETY OF SIZES AND COLORS – Choose from 4 sizes: full-length 36 by 6 inches for full back coverage, 24 by 6 inches for more compact, 18 by 6 inches for smaller muscle groups, and 12 by 6 inches that’s ideal for travel and space-saving. Comes in solid and speckled designs: black, purple, blue, pink, red, orange and green.
- 【Whole Body Massage Foam Roller KIT】–You can get a high density 12" deep foam roller, a 15” anti-slip massage stick, a Peanut Massage Ball, 1 Plantar Fasciitis Ball: a solid heavy-duty 2-in-1 and spiky ball, 78” Stretching Strap, 1 Massage Guide,1 Nylon Bag, Relieve muscle soreness, massage away stress and rehabilitate injuries.
- 【Relief Muscle Injury & Improves Performance】– One of the best recovery tools to treat muscle pain and increase performance and flexibility. Rolling before and after workouts is part of a great stretching routine. Increases blood flow to the massage site, and flush away stored lactic acid with the included spike ball. Reduce stiffness and pain before and after workouts, exercise, running and training with the deep tissue massage extra firm ball.
- 【High Density & NO Squeezing Noise】– These are Solid high density foam, are capable of supporting up to an amazing 300lbs of weight, they will not lose their shape after heavy use, have No squeezing noise, and Repels Liquids, enabling you to use them for a wide variety of exercises without worrying about compatibility; They are will help you achieve better performance for many years to come.
- 【PORTABLE NYLON BAG & SPACE SAVING】– The total body wellness kit comes with a durable Portable nylon mesh bag to increase portability that doubles as a yoga mat carrier. makes it the ideal companion for anywhere. Simply throw the set in your bag and use it anytime, anywhere.
- 【365 DAYS 100% MONEY BACK QUALITY WARRANTY】- Foam Roller Set is one of the strongest, highest quality foam roller sets on the market. Our foam rollers don’t lose their shape after heavy use.if you're not 100% satisfied, simply return it for a full refund, no questions asked – buy it without hesitation.
- IMPROVE MUSCLE RECOVERY – Multi-density GRID features a three-dimensional surface that provides more efficient muscle recovery by promoting tissue aeration as you roll, while promoting the flow of blood and oxygen for optimal muscle recovery
- OPTIMIZED FOR COMFORT – Unique foam construction with proprietary Distrodensity Zones is perfect to use on both tight, sore muscles, as well as soft tissue, for a more effective recovery experience
- PERSONALIZED ROLLING EXPERIENCE – Multi-density GRID pattern of varying ridges and nodules replicate the feeling of a massage therapist's hands, allowing users to utilize different areas of the roller to target key body parts
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE – EVA-foam-wrapped, hollow core design is firmer than traditional foam rollers, delivering a deeper compression-like a sports massage on tight muscles, knots, and kinks to achieve comfortable, effective, and targeted muscle recovery
- BUILT FOR FREQUENT USE – Durable EVA-foam roller maintains its shape without breaking—even after repeated use—allowing you to use the same roll-intensive recovery patterns massage therapists use for highly effective recovery
- 3D textured rollers measure 12.5 x 5.5 inches with triple massage zones to replicate the fingers , thumbs , and palms of the human hand .
- Roll before and after your work out at the gym , Pilates , or yoga to condition and stretch muscle tissue , and remove painful trigger points . Dual grid design has finger zone with ridges , and spiked bumps on the opposite side .
- Great for runners , after a long workout , or as part of your stretching routine . Heavy Duty EPP construction tough enough for athletes , and still comfortable enough for a beginner .
- Choose from lightweight and portable 13" model or get full body coverage with our 17" model to get physical therapy grade massages , deep stretches , and acupressure relief all in the privacy of your own home .
- Speed up recovery , treat muscle pain , increase performance , flexibility , and mobility . One of the best fitness tools to help your body recover , rolling before and after exercise is critical for beginners and pros alike .
- HIGH QUALITY FOAM ROLLERS: Made from high quality PE 30% heavier & firmer than the ones from the same class for deeper massage than standard foam rollers; Smooth; anti slip; lightweight yet can retain support 250 pounds and shape after heavy uses
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Come in a variety of colors and lengths to choose from; easy to choose the perfect fit; and bring with you anywhere be it the park or your office
- REAP ALL THE BENEFITS OF FOAM ROLLING: Yes4All Premium Medium Density Round PE Foam Rollers are ideal to trigger all your tight muscles pre and post workouts; support the natural healing process
- IDEAL FOR SELF MASSAGE: Great for improving muscle mobility; flexibility for all sports enthusiasts; pilates; bodybuilding; running; weight training; yoga
- HELP INCREASE RANGE OF MOTION: Foam rolling support in stretching muscles; thus expanding the range of movements; You can also feel a whole lot better now that tight spots and discomfort are targeted and reduced
- The perfect gift for yourself , or a loved one that's into exercise and working out , this kit has it all -> Our classic triple zone massage roller with end caps for storage , great for deep tissue massage and stretching legs and lower back .
- There's our premium massage stick for those hard-to-roll areas , like the quad , shin , and inner thigh . Control the intensity of the massage by pressing harder or softer with the handles . Flush lactic acid from muscle tissue after your workout .
- After the deep tissue massager , the most important thing for your body is stretches . Our stretch strap is amazing for your hamstring and quads . Just wrap one end around your foot , and control the intensity by grabbing different handles .
- Finally, 2 types of massage balls , both great tools for trigger point and myofascial release . Our double lacrosse ball is best for rolling the forearm , neck , and shoulders - our spike ball is great for the arches of your feet for plantar fasciitis .
- All of this is backed by our lifetime manufacturer's warranty and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee , To purchase these items separately would cost over $75, making this a great value or a great gift (if you know anyone that likes massages...) ; )
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.