The first thing to know about foam rolling is that there are a lot of nonsensical and made up claims for it with a lot of pseudoscience. The warning is be careful what you read about the use of foam rolling by the gurus and pseudo experts. The claims that get made for the use of foam rolling are not backed up by the scientific research on it. Having said that, it is useful. Athletes use it as part of a warm-up and recovery routines. It can help for some specific conditions such as self-massage for plantar fasciitis.
It does not loosen fascia, that is impossible. Its does not release toxins – that is a claim often made by the scientifically illiterate…. and so on. Do not believe the hype.
Given the muscle pain and trigger points in fibromyalgia, can it actually help beyond the hype and personal anecdotes that surrounds its use? While the research does show some benefits in athletes and muscle aches, there is an extraordinary lack of research on its use in fibromyalgia. There is this study (in Italian) that showed that in people with fibromyalgia that the group that used the foam roller did better than the control group on measures of depression, pain, anxiety and sleep quality. So that is a good finding and does support the use of foam rolling in fibromyalgia.
By all means, please try the foam roller. It does appear that it can help. Just do not fall for the hype, marketing and pseudoscience that gets claimed for it.
All you need to do is buy a foam roller (online or at the local sports shop) and find a program (online, in books, or get a personal trainer).
- High-density foam roller with molded edges
- Ideal for balance, strengthening, flexibility, and rehab exercises
- Made from molded polypropylene to maintain firmness
- Lightweight, easy to clean and transport
- Measures approximately 36 x 6 x 6 inches (L x W x H)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Woodworth, Sam (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 323 Pages - 11/08/2016 (Publication Date) - DK (Publisher)
- Ultra low factory direct cost
- Includes 20 page downloadable user guide
- Helps reduce muscle pain and speed up recovery
- Solid 3-piece EVA core supports 300 lbs (Won't break or deform like hollow core rollers)
- 5.5 inch diameter x 13 inches long
- 12. 75 inches x 5. 25 inch diameter , lightweight yet rugged solid core massage roller with EVA tread and triple grid 3D massage zones mimics the finger , palm , and thumb of a therapist's hands .
- Medium density muscle roller is comfortable to use - making it easy for beginners , but still effective at penetrating the soft tissue layer of tired muscles . Soft enough to use while in pain from lower back injury , sciatica or plantar fasciitis .
- One of the best recovery tools to treat muscle pain , increase performance and flexibility. Rolling before and after exercise sis part of a great stretching routine . Increases blood flow to massage site , flushing away stored lactic acid .
- Stretch overworked and strained muscles of the leg , arms , and feet by rolling during your warm up and cool downs . Provides instant benefit to the hamstring , IT band , glutes , and calves by delivering superior massages at home or in the gym .
- Loved by runners , exercise athletes , yoga and pilates students , swimmers , physical or sports therapy patients , and aid those just doing a normal fitness workout . Great for the arch of the foot , and any part of the superior body but the spine or neck .
- ★ This listing is for our 36 inch X 6 inch foam roller: Please check the correct size - Our most popular 36 x 6 roller covers all your needs. Our premium EVA body roller will not flake or chip or lose its shape - EVER! Our Premium EVA back rollers offer a firm solid core with soft to the touch exterior and will last forever. EVA is eco-friendly, completely recyclable and contains no formamide or phthalates. Get what the professionals use and experience immediate pain relief today
- ★ Quality assurance you can trust: With USA based Engineering & Lifetime Customer Support & Rigorous Third-Party Testing -we are so confident you will LOVE the professional quality of our foam roller massager that we will refund you if you aren't happy or anything goes wrong - EVER! Add to your cart now to enjoy some of the benefits of foam rolling: Better Sleep - Relaxed Muscles - Smooth Toned skin - Chronic Pain Relief - Increased Mobility & Flexibility
- ★ Kiss muscle pain goodbye: Tight muscles prevent you from performing your best. Poor mobility interferes with sleep and other daily activities. Sometimes stretching alone is not enough. This is why Chiropractors - Physical Therapists - Personal Trainers - Medical Professionals ALL recommend smooth firm foam rollers as the safest method for relieving back pain - neck pain - core stabilization - trigger point treatment - physical therapy - improving balance
- ★ Injury Prevention is key: Foam rolling breaks up fat fibers and increases oxygenated blood flow for beautifully toned, rejuvenated looking skin and reduces fluid retention. Say goodbye to unsightly cellulite and feeling bloated. Soothe your mind and tired, achy muscles by using our exercise roller before bed for more restorative sleep. Stand taller and feel stronger with Improved Posture - Core Stabilization - Improved Balance & Coordination - Relaxed Muscles
- ★ Save with professional grade relief: Skip the expensive massage and get deep tissue therapy and myofascial release anytime you want! Improve muscle mobility & increase flexibility today. Our form roller is perfect for muscle reflexology, pre - post workout for Crossfit, Pilates, Yoga, Weight Training, Bodybuilding. Running, or ANY fitness enthusiasts. Our foam muscle roller will have you rolling your way to muscle soreness relief in minutes
- The perfect gift for yourself , or a loved one that's into exercise and working out , this kit has it all -> Our classic triple zone massage roller with end caps for storage , great for deep tissue massage and stretching legs and lower back .
- There's our premium massage stick for those hard-to-roll areas , like the quad , shin , and inner thigh . Control the intensity of the massage by pressing harder or softer with the handles . Flush lactic acid from muscle tissue after your workout .
- After the deep tissue massager , the most important thing for your body is stretches . Our stretch strap is amazing for your hamstring and quads . Just wrap one end around your foot , and control the intensity by grabbing different handles .
- Finally, 2 types of massage balls , both great tools for trigger point and myofascial release . Our double lacrosse ball is best for rolling the forearm , neck , and shoulders - our spike ball is great for the arches of your feet for plantar fasciitis .
- All of this is backed by our lifetime manufacturer's warranty and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee , To purchase these items separately would cost over $75, making this a great value or a great gift (if you know anyone that likes massages...) ; )
- VERSATILE MASSAGE TOOL: Ideal for pre and post-workout by massaging and releasing tension from muscles including back, legs, neck, calves, IT band, hamstrings, lats, and glutes for overall better mobility
- FIRM MASSAGE – High-density foam structure provides a deeper massage than standard foam rollers, and is extra firm to support all body types without losing shape after regular use. Effective for all fitness levels from beginners to advanced. Maximum weight capacity is 300 lb
- BODY AWARENESS – This versatile fitness tool offers instability for Pilates core exercises, spine stabilization, balancing exercises and body-awareness
- LOW-MAINTENANCE - Made from high-density expanded polypropylene (EPP) that is easily recycled and is water-resistant for hygiene and easy maintenance.
- VARIETY OF SIZES AND COLORS – Choose from 4 sizes: full-length 36 by 6 inches for full back coverage, 24 by 6 inches for more compact, 18 by 6 inches for smaller muscle groups, and 12 by 6 inches that’s ideal for travel and space-saving. Comes in solid and speckled designs: black, purple, blue, pink, red, orange and green.
- 3D textured rollers measure 12.5 x 5.5 inches with triple massage zones to replicate the fingers , thumbs , and palms of the human hand .
- Roll before and after your work out at the gym , Pilates , or yoga to condition and stretch muscle tissue , and remove painful trigger points . Dual grid design has finger zone with ridges , and spiked bumps on the opposite side .
- Great for runners , after a long workout , or as part of your stretching routine . Heavy Duty EPP construction tough enough for athletes , and still comfortable enough for a beginner .
- Choose from lightweight and portable 13" model or get full body coverage with our 17" model to get physical therapy grade massages , deep stretches , and acupressure relief all in the privacy of your own home .
- Speed up recovery , treat muscle pain , increase performance , flexibility , and mobility . One of the best fitness tools to help your body recover , rolling before and after exercise is critical for beginners and pros alike .
- Inkster, Karina (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 176 Pages - 05/19/2015 (Publication Date) - Skyhorse (Publisher)
- HIGH-QUALITY FOAM ROLLERS: Made from high-quality PE 30% heavier & firmer than the ones from the same class for deeper massage than standard foam rollers. Smooth, anti-slip, lightweight yet can retain support 250 lbs and shape after heavy uses
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Come in a variety of colors and lengths to choose from, easy to choose the perfect fit, and bring with you anywhere be it the park or your office to have solid muscle pain relief workouts
- REAP ALL THE BENEFITS OF FOAM ROLLING: Yes4All Premium Medium Density Round PE Foam Rollers are ideal to trigger all your tight muscles pre and post workouts, increase blood flow and oxygen to the tissue helping the natural healing process
- PERFECT FOR SELF-MASSAGE THERAPY & MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: Great for improving muscle mobility, flexibility and preventing soreness for all sports enthusiasts, CrossFit, pilates, bodybuilding, running, weight training, yoga
- HELP INCREASE RANGE OF MOTION AND STRESS MANAGEMENT: Foam rolling helps stretch and lengthen muscles, thus expanding the range of movements. You can also feel a whole lot better now that tight spots and discomfort are targeted and reduced
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.